Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A day in the life of a journalist!



Well I wouldn’t be the best person to describe a typical day in the life of a journalist so anything that you read in this post may be far away from reality. Given that I am not a journalist I will just write from the perspective of an outsider… an spectator. I would say that there is no such thing like a typical day in the life of a journalist; as a journalist everyday is full of new challenges and stories to go and hunt, is like a new day for discoveries to reveal untold stories, is a day full of questions wanting to be answered and mysteries to be revealed. Although the above description my sound way away from reality and anyone would think I’m just going insane, I decided to write this blog following what I feel with no restrictions on the typical thinking ..Is this what the instructor wants me to write??? No, I feel I just wanted to write what I feel about the field of journalism.

Even though my field of study is business, (yeah I know boring ) I feel that journalist have to have passion for what they do. There is nothing better than a story well written whether is to uncover a case of corruption in the halls of Washington or a story about a boy who lived in the country with his poor family. The words can transmit that energy and passion and fury and many other feelings. I think of journalism as a public service in a different way, not just what the words “Public Service” Imply literally but also as a service to help people escape from the overwhelming day to day life that sometimes trapped us in. maybe that’s the reason why now days we have so many entrepreneurial journalists because they have that passion and commitment even tough making a living to support a family could be tough for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment